Thursday, December 3, 2009

Folk Song

In my various discussions in Screen Saver of my development of musical ability and ultimately of starting and developing a singing group – The RF Trio – I mention various songs. Those various songs, the ones mentioned and the myriad not mentioned, were the result of either writing efforts or never-ending listening to and searching for material. To that end, a long time ago I bought a Burl Ives album. It had about 25 tracks. Here is one of them.

I recorded this in the living room of Doug, one of my fraternity brothers. Doug was the guy from Screen Saver who fixed my 1955 Plymouth at the Winter Carnival the night that Barb had taken – justifiably – leave of my life, and Tom and I had gone off to see what sort of adventures it might be possible to have in Bend Oregon in the winter of 1964. The song was recorded in 1973.

The video was shot in the Paris Aquarium in 2007.


No comments:

Post a Comment